Orienteering Australia is seeking expressions of interest from experienced event organisers to be the 2011 Oceania Carnival Coordinator, starting as soon as possible.
The Carnival from 1-8 October 2011 includes the Oceania Middle & Long Distance Championships in Victoria, Australian Schools Championships and Australia Relays at Wagga Wagga in NSW, and Oceania Sprint Championships, Australian Long Distance Championships and Oceania Relay Championships near Cooma in NSW but organised by Orienteering ACT. A stipend of $4,000 is being offered; the duties may be shared between 2 people.
The responsibilities of the position are:
- Liaison with the state association event managers, OA Schools Liaison Officer and OA Executive Officer, by email, phone, in person and Skype teleconference as required to jointly plan the carnival, monitor progress and resolve problems.
- Development of the paper and online entry forms for the carnival in consultation with the preceding contacts.
- Liaison with the online entry company and facilitate provision of the entry lists and entry update information to the respective event managers for start list compilation and management.
- Develop a carnival logo and liaise with an apparel company to produce souvenir carnival apparel.
- Produce the carnival program and results booklets.
- Manage the carnival banking arrangements in consultation with the OA Director of Finance, Blair Trewin.
- Manage an online carnival web page, providing a central online location linking to all information, bulletins, start lists, results etc.
- Ensure that presentation of maps reflects carnival sponsors and logos.
- Integrate material and logistics for carnival registration bags.
- Coordinate any other issues that affect all events within the carnival.
- Keep respective State organisers up-to-date with progress of key tasks (mapping, course setting etc) in other States.
Expressions of interest should be sent to John Harding, Executive Officer firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 July 2010.