Looking for an excuse to have a holiday in France? Well look no further than the spectator races as WOC 2011 in the Savoie Grand Revard region. And while you’re there be sure to support the Australian Boomerangs team competing in the WOC races. Read below for information from the organisers.
“Registration for the public races O’Festival ERDF Savoie Grand Revard 2011 are open!
The O’Festival is organised so as to allow participants to:
Compete in a high level 6-stage orienteering event on the same terrain as the World Championships:
* exceptional terrain (semi-open forests, meadows, chaotic limestone surfaces),
* courses adapted to every taste (for the young and the not so young, from beginner to specialist)
* World Championships maps (different for each stage and only a day after the championship event)
* same arenas as the WOC (finish chute, partners? village, podium,
Watch the World Championships show:
* be at the heart of the event once you have finished your race (for 5 of the 6 stages you will have the same finish area as the WOC; there is a rest day for the sprint championships)
* follow the competitions live (large screen, pictures from the forest, GPS tracking)
* be in contact with the world?s best orienteers
* benefit from all the services offered to the public.
See you on the terrain and maps of Savoie Grand Revard!”
Directeur de course O’Festival ERDF Savoie Grand Revard