Orienteering Australia is seeking expressions of interest to fill a part-time position of Website Communications Manager responsible for the following tasks:
- OA website maintenance: reviewing and updating content, archiving old content, creating new pages as required, refreshing photographic displays.
- Updating the SocialFx user manual for the OA website and maintaining a Question and Answer log of queries resolved by the OA website users group.
- Coordinate posting of news stories on the OA website of major events (international, national and state).
- Production of regular editions of a national ENews bulletin.
- Facebook and Twitter site notices and linkages back to the OA website, and review and coordination of YouTube and Flickr content as required.
- Editing and approving articles submitted for posting, as required.
- Advising new contributors on how to submit articles and the approval process.
- Assisting the Events Committee in maintaining the Event Calendar and adding links to event websites for events on the calendar.
- Maintaining cross-promotional website links with relevant organisations in fields including rogaining, adventure racing, mountain biking and running.
- Editing and loading paid advertising as required.
The position requires very good coordination, liaison, writing and IT skills in the areas of modern media. Demonstrated ability in website maintenance and/or SocialFx will be an advantage. The position is part-time, one day a week and will be reviewed after 12 months. Expressions of interest should be sent to the Executive Officer (ph 0427 107 033) at email@example.com by 11 March.