Congratulations To All Athletes Selected in the National High Performance Squads
Orienteering Australia National Squads have been selected by the High Performance coaches from the athlete squad nominations submitted to date. Athletes who have applied to be part of the squad structure have been assessed on their performances during 2015. This has given the selectors benchmarks of achievement for each athlete which have been used to place athletes into the squad that is at their level of performance. Membership of the Targeted Talented Athlete Squad is by invitation only, based on performance analysis from major national events in 2015. This group will be announced shortly. The High Performance Team would like to thank all squad nominees for the thought and time that has gone into their performance reviews as part of the individual nomination process.
Processes around squad selection can be found here
The squads are:
Elite High Performance Squad (EHPS)
High Performance Squad (HPS)
National Development Squad (NDS)
Australian Junior Development Squad (AJDS)
Targeted Talented Athlete Squad (TTAS)
As a member of an OA National Squad each athlete must:
- Create a Profile on the Orienteering Australia Athlete Management Platform (AMP). New squad members will receive an invitation to be a member of the AMP. This profile is to include- age, phone, email address, postal address, coaches name and contact, IOF ID, link to training log, athlete biography, photo.
- Maintain an Athlete Log– contact with squad coach
- Complete Race Analysis (under Evaluations) for all major events
- Prepare an Event Schedule for 2016/17
- Complete a Wellness Test at least once a month and log any illness or injury
- Regularly log on to AMP to check documents as all communication with athletes will be via AMP.
Congratulations to all the listed athletes on becoming a member of one of the OA National Squads for 2015. The HP Coaches look forward to working with you all to further develop your orienteering and helping you to achieve your orienteering goals. In particular we congratulate and welcome new squad members to the Australian High Performance Program. If you have recently been selected for the first time, you will receive an invitation to AMP in the next few days.
The first squad camp is at the Australian Institute of sport coinciding with the Canberra sprint weekend to be held Jan 22nd-26th. Initial details about this coming camp are available in the December High Performance News and further information will released in the next few weeks. Those new to the squads could you please confirm you attendance at the sprint Canberra training camp through this form. – applications closed
Squads lists are found in the link below:
Orienteering Australia Director of High Performance