2016 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
4pm, Meeting room 2, Maitland House, 100 Maitland St, Hackett ACT.
Sunday 27 March, 2016.
President’s opening remarks
1.1 Appointment of verifiers
1.2 Confirmation of minutes of 2015 Annual Conference and General Meeting and matters arising
2 ANNUAL REPORT (to be tabled)
3 ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT
3.1 Presentation of the financial report by the Director, Finance
3.2 Budget projections
3.3 Fees, levies and charges for 2017
3.4 Funding of Eventor for 2017
4 CHANGES TO CONSTITUTION AND OPERATIONAL MANUAL
The following amendments to the Constitution are proposed for the 2016 AGM. These are minor amendments to remove redundant wording or duplication, meet ASC guidelines, and bring the Constitution into line with current practice.
- Removal of redundant reference to Council (clause 6.1)
- Extension of period when Executive Officer cannot be Board member post-departure from 12 months to 3 years, to meet ASC governance principles (6.2)
- Removal of redundant transitional provisions from 2014 Board restructuring (11.3)
- Redefinition of committees as ‘standing committees’ (the traditional one-person per state committees) or ‘select committees’ (other groups, often with more specialist roles such as selection or the Eventor Working Group). (6.3, 11.2).
- Removal of detailed provisions for the Misconduct Appeals Committee, which duplicates material already in the appeals policy (21.8, 21.9, 22). (Retention of the misconduct procedure itself in the Constitution is, I believe, a requirement of the Associations Incorporation Act).
The amended Constitution is in Attachment A. See Agenda 2016 AGM
Blair Trewin, President, 24 January 2016
5 DEVELOPMENT OF DRAFT PROPOSAL FOR A NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP MODEL
There was agreement at the 2015 Annual Conference to develop a draft proposal for a National Membership Model for consideration at the 2016 Conference. A report on preliminary work on this will be provided to the AGM.
6 OA STRATEGIC PLAN
7 ELECTIONS and APPOINTMENTS
Board positions due for election at this AGM for 2-year term:
President; Director, Finance; Director, Technical; 1 Director with unspecified portfolio.
Committee appointments: (2015 appointees listed)
Chairperson (Mapping Committee): Adrian Uppill
Chairperson (Technical Committee): Eric Andrews
Chairperson (Events Committee): Greg Hawthorne
Chairperson (MTBO Committee): Craig Steffens
Chairperson (IT Committee): Vacant
Chairperson (Development & Participation Committee): Bert Elson
Tribunals and Appeals Committee (up to two to be appointed)
Misconduct Tribunal. The Constitution requires that 2 persons be appointed by the AGM each year.
Selection Appeals Committee.
OTHER APPOINTMENTS (to be confirmed)
Public Officer Currently Robert Allison
Badge Scheme Secretary Currently John Oliver
Schools Liaison Officer Vacant
Rankings – Elite Currently Bruce Arthur
Rankings – Non-elite Currently Darryl Erbacher
Auditor Christine Reid and Associates Pty Ltd
8 GENERAL BUSINESS